Elmwood Community League
YOUR COMMUNITY ONLINE
The neighbourhood was once called West Lynnwood. In the 1910s, the western portion of Elmwood was named Eureka.
|1st. Vice President||Ken McDonald|
|2nd. Vice President||Vacant|
|Hall Rentals||Ron Vivianemail@example.com|
|Bingo Chair||Susan Mah||Bingo4ecl@gmail.com||780.497.1081|
|Building & Grounds||Vacant|
Elmwood was originally part of the old Town of Jasper Place. Until its annexation by Edmonton in 1964, Jasper Place served as a residential alternative to living in the larger city. It is bounded by Whitemud Drive to the south, 170th Street to the west, 87th Avenue to the north, and 159th Street to the east. The neighbourhood was almost entirely developed during the 1960s, and most of the structures in Elmwood are single detached houses.
The schools and a small commercial site are centrally located and adjacent to the collector road. With a freeway and two major arterials forming three of Elmwood’s four borders, residents have good access to destinations in the city’s west end. The Misericordia Hospital and West Edmonton Mall are immediately located to Elmwood’s north and northwest.
Elmwood Community League acts on behalf of our members and offers programs and services to reflect the community's needs, interests, and diversity. ECL brings neighbours together to provide recreational and social programs, develop and maintain amenities such as Elmwood Community Hall, skating rinks, playground, spray park, tennis courts and the skate shack.
Any resident within Elmwood's boundaries can become a member. Visit our Membership Page for more information.